Forums
Symptoms of Sinus Headaches - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://malcomengland.createmybb3.com)
+-- Forum: sinus surgery (https://malcomengland.createmybb3.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: sinusitis help (https://malcomengland.createmybb3.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Symptoms of Sinus Headaches (/thread-48.html)

Symptoms of Sinus Headaches - malcomengland - 08-20-2016

[size=4][b]Symptoms of Sinus Headaches - Sinusitis Among Children[/b][/size][hr]What seems like common cold the first time its symptoms appear may actually turn out to be a case of sinus attack. Just like when they contract the cold virus, children cough, sneeze or get red noses when sinusitis hits them. What makes sinus attacks different from the common cold is the length of time the affliction wears itself out. It takes victims - young and old - a longer time to recover from sinusitis than from common cold.

Anything good can be said about sinusitis, it is this: The infection is not contagious. Unless discomforts are such that they are keeping the infected child from moving about, he or she may continue going to school or mingling with friends without fear of contaminating anyone. What the child needs to avoid are allergies and environmental pollutants. This will at least reduce the risks of going down with the infection--again. The development of Sinuses has been explained in detail in this article on Sinuses. Read it to find something interesting and surprising!

[list][*]Doctors who treat children suffering from symptoms of sinusitis normally check, apart from sinuses, the nose, throat, and ears for infection.[*]They tap or press lightly the patient's forehead and cheeks.[*]They prescribe antibiotics for infections caused by bacteria.[*]This medication normally takes effect within days after taking the dosage.[*]But in cases of chronic sinusitis, patients need to take the dosage for a longer period of time to ensure total removal of bacteria.[*]Decongestants or nasal sprays dry up blocked or runny nose.[*]We are proud to say we have dominance in the say of Sinus Attack.[*]This is because we have read vastly and extensively on Sinus Attack.[/list]

[size=large][b]Mucus Membranes Surrounding the Nasal Area and Grow Tiny Hairs or Cilia[/b][/size][hr]These hairs sway, in ways that facilitate mucus flow, in and out of the nose. The cilia are disabled and the back flow of the mucus gets disrupted when a person contracts the cold virus. This explains why persons with cold develop symptoms like runny nose and clogged nasal cavities. The infection causes the swelling of mucus lining within the nasal area. This prevents the tiny passages between the sinuses and nose from working properly, effectively trapping more mucus within the sinuses. The immobile mucus becomes a friendly host for the virus, fungi and bacteria to breed.

[size=large][b]Sinuses Cover Themselves With Moist and Thin Layers of Tissue Called Mucous Membrane[/b][/size][hr]This membrane makes it possible to add moisture to the air that comes in through normal breathing. They likewise secrete a gooey liquid called mucus that fills parts of the nose, also known as snot. This liquid serves to collect dust and germs that fly in the air before they can go farther inside the body. Producing such an interesting anecdote on Sinuses took a lot of time and hard work. So it would be enhancing to us to learn that you have made good use of this hard work!

[list][*]Symptoms of sinusitis include bad breath, mild fever, daytime cough, puffy eyes, and incessant nasal discharge.[*]There are children who also show signs of crankiness, physical exhaustion, and pain in various parts of the head. [/list]

[size=large][b]Why Our Bodies Need to Develop Sinuses is Not Clear to Many[/b][/size][hr]However, scientific studies suggest that sinuses make us feel less burdened by the weight of our head due to the light air that fills them. Scientists say that if anything solid were to take the place of the air pockets, our heads will become much heavier. Sinuses are also believed to enhance the depth and tone of our voice. For example, our voices often sound differently when we are suffering from common cold or, worse, sinus attack.

[list][*]Prolonged conditions stretching up to two weeks mean that the cold virus infection has worsened to become a sinus infection.[*]Acute sinusitis describes an infection that drags on for more than two weeks.[*]Beyond this period--stretching beyond three months--the ailment is called chronic sinusitis.[*]Due to their less developed immune systems, children are at greater risk of getting hit by sinus attacks than adults. [/list]

The bones in our head and face have blank niches or spaces filled with air, called sinuses. Sinuses can be found at the back of the nasal cavity, on both sides of the nose, inside the forehead, behind both and in between eyes. Sinuses come in pairs; there are normally four pairs in each person. They start showing as early as the first few months of conception; they continue to develop until late adolescent age.

While in Europe recently, I found that I didn't need to use nasal irrigation to prevent nasal congestion. I did bring along a travel WaterPik device which I often use for this purpose when away from home, but I didn't feel the need to use it even once for the entire month we were gone. I attribute this to the higher humidity levels in Europe compared to those in Colorado where we live. Wink

[size=large][b]Normally Use Nasal Irrigation With a Saline Solution Once or Twice Per Day[/b][/size][hr]It would be unthinkable to go for a month in Colorado without doing this. I would almost certainly come down with a sinus infection during this length of time, even while continuing to take my normal medication.

Upon returning from this latest trip I decided to purchase an inexpensive humidity gauge and put it in our bedroom to deep a closer eye on the actual levels in our sleeping environment. Right now the levels are in the 50% range, which is pretty good. We live at over 7,000 feet of elevation, and we have several windows open at night at this time of year to cool off the room. During most of the year we do use a humidifier, especially in the winter months. When the furnace is on the humidity drops quite a bit, and I will now be able to monitor the levels and make better use of a humidifier with the humidity gauge. Air conditioning will also dry out the air in a room or in an automobile, so keeping close watch of this is important for people like me who continually battle nasal congestion problems. Big Grin.

[size=large][b]The Device I Purchased Was an Inexpensive Combination Thermometer and Humidity Gauge[/b][/size][hr]It was only about $4, but one can find digital devices with more functionality in the $20-40 range in stores like Kmart or Walmart. I would strongly recommend that people who suffer from chronic sinusitis make this small investment and keep a device to measure relative humidity in their sleep and also possibly their work environments. This simple item can be a significant tool in the regimen of all sinus sufferers to help prevent nasal congestion, especially while sleeping.

[size=large][b]According to Dr[/b][/size][hr]Robert Ivker, D.O., former President of the American Holistic Medical Association, the ideal level of relative humidity for sinus health is between 35-45%. I noticed in one of the hotels we stayed at in France that the humidity was in the low 70% range, and I'm sure it was at least that high at other times as well during the month. For whatever reason, this level of humidity seems to work better for my particular nasal congestion problems, and I have noticed before the general tendency of having fewer sinus problems while in Europe. We travel there fairly often as we operate tours in France. Dr. Ivker prefers to use a warm mist room humidifier which requires no filters and kills bacteria. He claims to have had good luck with Bionaire Clear Mist units. Keep your mind open to anything when reading about Nasal Irrigation. Opinions may differ, but it is the base of Nasal Irrigation that is important. Wink

[size=large][b]You Must be Wondering What is Sick Sinus Syndrome[/b][/size][hr]It is the sinus node malfunctioning, ultimately slowing down your heat beat (bradycardia) or in other words the pacemaker does not perform its work properly. The pumping becomes meager thereby weakening the circulation. The sinusitis node is otherwise called the natural pacemaker. It results in irregular heart beats termed as arrhythmias.

[size=large][b]What is Sick Sinus Syndrome Warning Sign?[/b][/size][hr]The warning sign could be anywhere between dizziness, unconsciousness, confusion and heart malfunctioning due to problem with the sinus node. If you are scared that you have got one, you should know what sick sinus syndrome is. It makes your heart beat faster or slower than the regular beat. At times there is an uncommon gap between the two beats. Even medicines could start one this syndrome. It is usually associated with old age. Old people are more prone to the disease than young ones. The best way of gaining knowledge about Sinus Arrest is by reading as much about it as possible. This can be best done through the Internet.

Syncope, pre-syncope, palpitations and dizziness is commonly associated with this syndrome. Even stokes are common called "Adams attacks". You could experience chest pains as the blood supply is reduced. The patient gets exhausted soon because of low energy level due to shortness of breath. Headaches are usually associated due to shortage of blood flow to the head. There are numerous signs like sinus arrest, irregular patterns of bradycardia and tachycardia and senatorial blocks. It is at times very difficult to pin point the problem due to indefinable findings and vague indicator on electrocardiogram or Holter monitor.

Quote:So, what is Sick Sinus Syndrome treatment? It could be diagnosed by electrocardiogram (ECG). It can be treated by a drug called calcium antagonists. A person affected by this syndrome can go for pacemaker therapy. A permanent pacemaker placement is also recommended in this case. The foundation of the treatment is atrial or dual-chamber pacemaker replacement, which gives you relief from heart attacks, thromboembolic events and mortality in contrast with ventricular pacemakers. Never be reluctant to admit that you don't know. There is no one who knows everything. So if you don't know much about Sinusitis, all that has to be done is to read up on it!

[list][*]Those people who have not got much relieved from regular medications want to learn all about natural cure of sinus infection.[*]If you are one of the chronic sufferers of sinusitis then you must also be looking for some natural cure for sinus.[*]Well then let me help you out.[*]Here I would discuss some very simple but effective methods to cure your sinus infections.[*]At first instance you may find it hard to believe it but they will follow logical and medical reasons too for using such natural medications.[*]Papaya is a good food for sinus infection.[*]You will find it very effective to help your throat problems, bowel regulation and other symptoms which may arise due to sinusitis infections.[*]The next natural cure of sinus infection is mango![*]I knew you would feel awkward when I say mango.[*]Mango has some natural minerals and vitamins which can improve your immune system to defy the infections by sinus causing agents.[*]Eat good amount of mangoes during seasons to keep your sinus at bay during cold winters.[*]The development of Nasal Irrigation has been explained in detail in this article on Nasal Irrigation.[*]Read it to find something interesting and surprising![/list]

[size=large][b]Another Natural Cure of Sinus Infection is Called Nasal Toilet or Nasal Irrigation[/b][/size][hr]For the treatment you need sea salt and lukewarm water. Mix both the ingredients and pour this mixture into on nostril and wait until it comes out from the other one. The treatment immediately favors for opening sinusitis blockage and at once relief.

[list][*]Though there is no end to natural cure of sinus infection, its not possible for me to mention each and every one of it.[*]You can buy natural guides on sinus infections.[*]A book will guide you through all the types of treatments that can favor you.[*]You will also be able to use the treatments according the cause of sinusitis.[/list]

[size=large][b]One of the Common Symptoms of Sinus is Nasal Blockage and Pain in the Facial Region[/b][/size][hr]In such case your natural cure of sinus infection would be vapor inhalation. This would help to thicken the mucus and also decongestion of nostrils and sinus cavities. The hot vapors also help to kill the agents of infections in sinus. You have a soothing effect. Repeat the treatment two times a day, in the morning and at night for one month to completely heal the infection. We are proud to say we have dominance in the say of Sinus. This is because we have read vastly and extensively on Sinus.

Most of us go through cycles of 'colds' during the year, sometimes they require antibiotics and sometimes we're told they're viral; either way its not fun. Extended bouts of allergies, chronic sinusitis and lung infections are even worse. The sinus pills at the grocery store offer a little relief but they don't cure sinus infections and bronchitis. Now there is a treatment besides suffering, anti-biotitic treatments and painkillers. :o.

[size=medium][b]Articles: Basic Causes and Symptoms of Sore Throat Among Children[/b][/size]
[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/imgs/Sore-Throat-pM-May-Labeled.jpeg]

[list][*]Like all antibiotics , silver kills off good bacteria in the intestines and could build up in the body causing problems.[*]Fortunately there is a way around both of these side-effects.[*]The new sinus and lung spray form of colloidal silver doesn't enter your intestines and only takes a small amount to be effective.[*]This is because it goes directly to the problem instead of circulating throughout your body randomly.[*]It's fast and relatively cheap-a wonderfully simple way to home treat without a visit to the doctor.[*]The spray is available online at ***** There has been an uncalculatable amount of information added in this composition on Sinus Infections.[*]Don't try counting it![/list]

One of the upsides to colloidal silver treatment is that it kills fungus; according to a recent mayo clinic study, most cases of chronic sinusitis are actually caused by fungus. The anti-fungal properties of the silver treatment are perfect for people with suppressed immune systems such as AIDS and CFIDS/FIDS sufferers as well as people with chronic fungal infections. Having a penchant for Chronic Sinusitis led us to write all that there has been written on Chronic Sinusitis here. Hope you too develop a penchant for Chronic Sinusitis!

[list][*]Colloidal silver is proven antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti-viral treatment that was used by medical doctors before the advent of penicillin.[*]Silver de-activates an enzyme that all one-celled organisms need to survive, this allows it to kill almost all germs, even the cold virus![*]We would like you to leisurely go through this article on Chronic Sinusitis to get the real impact of the article.[*]Chronic Sinusitis is a topic that has to be read clearly to be understood.[/list]