Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinus Inflammation: Infection Sinus Treatment Tips: Home
Question 
[size=4][b]Sinus Inflammation - Infection Sinus Treatment Tips - Home Remedy for Nasal Congestion[/b][/size][hr]You may find it hard to believe that 37 million Americans suffer with sinus infections each year and it is more prevalent today than it was in the pre-antibiotic age! But that is not to say that antibiotics are not effective in treating it. In fact when sinusitis occurs the use of antibiotics to kill the infectious bacteria is the best way. In this way we look at infection sinus treatment to help alleviate the symptoms related to sinus infections.

However more and more doctors are coming to realise that the best to successfully fight off a sinus infection is to prevent it from recurring and unfortunately medication alone can not help to do this. A person will need to ensure that their mucous membrane lining of their nasal and sinus passages are healthy and functioning correctly. Below are some natural treatments which will help to keep your cilia healthy and functioning which will prevent mucus from building up in your sinuses. If a sinus infection does occur then these same treatments will increase the effectiveness of any antibiotics or medications that are prescribed to speed up the healing process and thus making a recurrence of the infection less likely in the future. Having been given the assignment of writing an interesting presentation on Sinus Passages, this is what we came up with. Just hope you find it interesting too!

Drink Hot Liquids This is one of the best ways for you to unclog your sinuses is by drinking hot tea either black, green, herbal or decaffeinated (it really does not matter which one you drink). Or you could have hot chicken soup throughout the day instead. But it is important that you drink enough to ensure that your urine is light in colour. These hot liquids will help to moisturize your mucous membrane and help to speed up the movement of your cilia which will then was mucus out of your sinuses more quickly. It is not necessary that only the learned can write about Sinus Treatment. As long as one ahs a flair for writing, and an interest for gaining information on Sinus Treatment, anyone can write about it. Big Grin.

[size=large][b]Irrigate the Sinuses[/b][/size][hr]For 3,000 years yoga practitioners have been keeping their sinuses healthy by sniffing a saltwater solution rapidly in and out of their nose at low pressure. However you should not use this method unless you have been taught how to do it correctly. This has been a great home remedy for nasal congestion for thousands of years. We take pride in saying that this article on Sinus Passages is like a jewel of our articles. This article has been accepted by the general public as a most informative article on Sinus Passages.

Apply a warm compress to your face three times a day for 5 minutes. What you need to do is soak a small towel in warm water and then place it over your face below and between your eyes as this will help increase the circulation in your sinuses and so will help speed up the movement of your cilia. This is a popular home remedy for nasal congestion.

One of the best infection sinus treatment tips is to take a decongestant. Also the use of oral or topical steroids for combating sinus inflammation as well as antihistamines for those where underlying allergies are involved are other forms of treatment for sinus infection.

[list][*]The modern world is still premature when talking about sinusitis treatment.[*]There are always pain relievers and soothing symptoms.[*]This infection can be acquired by anybody, sinusitis is considered as a common health problem.[/list]

The modern world, there is still no cure for infections; a remedy is still far from reality, although, we can have treatment for the symptoms that accompany this infection. Taking medications can relieve discomforts such as nasal blockage, runny nose, headaches, eyelid swelling, and pain in the jaw area. Wink

[list][*]Sinus infection is always a nuisance to everybody.[*]Sinusitis is caused due to an infected sinus or cavities which is present on the bones close to the nose.[/list]

[size=large][b]There can be Swelling of These Sinuses Due to the Infection[/b][/size][hr]You can sometimes have difficulty in breathing which results to headaches, fever, and other related discomforts. This is also known to the common public as sinusitis. The best way of gaining knowledge about Sinusitis is by reading as much about it as possible. This can be best done through the Internet.

[i]When you are having a sinusitis, you can feel severe amount of pain on your sinuses, the infection can also give means to brain damage and other chronic troubles.[/i]

[size=large][b]Chronic Sinusitis[/b][/size][hr]This is a complicated side of sinusitis. This has to do with chronic inflammation of your sinuses. There can be a lot of factors that trigger them; this includes allergy, environment, bacteria, and fungus infection. As with chronic sinusitis, you can also use the treatment options stated. Forms and ways of Treatments Never be reluctant to admit that you don't know. There is no one who knows everything. So if you don't know much about Acute Sinusitis Acute, all that has to be done is to read up on it!

Home remedies can also help relieve its symptoms, inhaling through a vaporizer or hot water proves to be an effective way to relieve your bloated sinuses. Cold compress, inhalation of steam eucalyptus, warm tea is also a proven to alleviate sinusitis. With all the treatment, you can always feel better if you consult your physician, symptoms may lead to terrible illness, and so if you can sense that you are experiencing strange symptoms, an appointment to your doctor can be scheduled as soon as possible.

[list][*]Acute sinusitis infections need longer treatment.[*]You can use antibiotics to fight against the infections.[*]Alternatively, there are also therapies like saline nasal rinse.[*]Antihistamines can also help relief symptoms and may treat an infected sinus.[*]There are also mucolytics, and lastly corticosteroids.[*]There are also other natural ways to relieve your aching sinuses, but having to use the above mentioned treatments prove to be better.[/list]

[size=large][b]There are Two Kinds of Sinusitis Acute and Chronic[/b][/size][hr]Acute sinusitis goes from 4 weeks, chronic being 12 weeks or more. Often, there is difficulty in distinguishing whether they are acute or chronic as they show the same kinds of symptoms. Acute sinusitis An acute sinusitis has symptoms of an upper respiratory tract infection. This is generally of a viral source. Bacteria are present on the tissues surface, as there are a number of bacteria. Also, acute sinusitis can be traced to dental problems. With this type of infection, you can also use the treatments that can be administered. Variety is the spice of life. So we have added as much variety as possible to this matter on Acute Sinusitis Acute to make it's reading relevant, and interesting!

When blocked, they can make the pressure inside rise, resulting in severe discomfort and pain. Worldwide, there are millions of people suffering of sinusitis right now; some dedicated organizations are also spending millions to fund sinusitis research.

[list][*]The sphenoidal sinuses are held within the body of the sphenoid, which may differ in size and shape.[*]Due to the lateral displacement of the intervening septum it is asymmetrical.[*]It is a type of paranasal sinus.[*]It lies in the cavity behind the nose.[*]There are two large sphenoid sinuses in the sphenoid bone.[*]They are bordered with cells which secretes the mucus which keeps the nose from drying.[/list]

Quote:Today with the modern technology the infection could be waded away easily. The latest in medical science and the research has made it simple to cure the infection. Imaging, antibiotics and surgery have changed the method of medication for acute sphenoid sinusitis. The development of Sinus has been explained in detail in this article on Sinus. Read it to find something interesting and surprising!

[size=large][b]Simple Terms on What is a Sphenoid Sinus[/b][/size][hr]It is also known as forgotten sinus because of the anatomical position of the sinus and the problems in identifying it. When the complications are higher, only then the disease is diagnosed. We are proud to say we have dominance in the say of Sphenoid Sinusitis Disease. This is because we have read vastly and extensively on Sphenoid Sinusitis Disease.

Sphenoid sinusitis is divided into two types chronic and acute. The chronic case is very common. The disease should be diagnosed early to cure it, else it develops rapidly. As the sphenoid sinus is interlinked with vital vascular, neurological and optic structures, the complication could be interconnected. Acute disease is asymptomatic.

[list][*]What is a sphenoid sinus infection?[*]The infection in the sphenoid cavity causes sinus headaches; they are present in the area below the eyes and the nose.[*]Fervor in the sphenoid cavity causes headaches and pain in the eye area.[*]Producing such an interesting anecdote on Sphenoid Sinusitis took a lot of time and hard work.[*]So it would be enhancing to us to learn that you have made good use of this hard work![/list]

[size=large][b]Medication for What is a Sphenoid Sinus[/b][/size][hr]If medication does not prove useful, surgery would respond immediately. Surgical treatment is done by opening the sphenoid sinus, demonstrating drainage and obtaining material for culture. Endoscopy and sphenoidotomy are also done. There are many approaches to it. External ethmoidectomy or transspectal approaches are also among them. The diagnosis is indicated for speedy recovery.

[size=large][b]We All Know How It Feels[/b][/size][hr]We've felt the pain. The pressure builds until you think you can't handle it any more. Your head feels like it's twice its normal size and ready to burst. You know what I'm talking about: Sinus problems and sinus infections; whatever you'd like to call them. They can really make your life miserable for weeks at a time, especially during the winter months. Sinusitis, most commonly known as sinus infection, happens when the sinuses get blocked and mucus and air cannot flow freely through them. Here's a statistic to think about: 30% of all people suffer from sinusitis at least once a year. Put that in perspective and that means about 1.8 billion people suffer from one sinus infection or another during the year. This includes those who suffer short term (acute: 1-3 weeks), long term (chronic: 3-8 weeks) and recurrent (multiple times throughout the year) sinus problems.

None of those are fun to experience; you have places to be, people to see, and things to do. You can't afford to be sick for lengthy periods of time. If you're part of that 30%, then you would probably like to know what you can do to prevent sinus infections from making your life a mess for weeks at a time. Simple activities, using a humidifier, and regularly cleansing nasal passages are a few good ways that can help decrease sinus infection symptoms. These symptoms can also be combated by using a nasal spray to clean, flush, and kill the harmful bacteria out of your nasal passages and sinus cavities.

[size=large][b]Sinus Infection Symptoms can Hit You in a Number of Ways[/b][/size][hr]They include: - Fever - Headache - Runny nose or nasal congestion - Cough - Ear ache or ear infection - Swelling around the eyes - Upper jaw and tooth ache - Tenderness around nose, ear, and cheeks - Weakness or fatigue Give yourself a momentary pause while reading what there is to read here on Sinus Infection. Use this pause to reflect on what you have so far written on Sinus Infection.

[size=large][b]Personally, Sinus Headaches Make Me Want to Die[/b][/size][hr]I feel like I'm in slow motion. A helicopter sounds like it is just above my head with its choppers going constantly. The pressure mounts in my sinus cavities and fills every whole from my brain to my face. I can't concentrate on anything and everyday tasks become burdens. I couldn't imagine dealing how do i get rid of sinus headache? on a regular basis. Nobody wants to go around feeling like that. Life's hard enough without your head beating like a drum.

Gentleman named Jason contacted me and said he recently had sinus laser surgery from Dr. Harvey Paley, whose practice is in Beverly Hills, CA. He said flatly that this operation 'changed my life'. This gentleman has had 3 other conventional surgeries in the past 15 years during which time he had lost his sense of smell and sense of taste. Hearing about such a success after a sinus operation is rare in my experience. I personally have had two of them, and they basically didn't work, since I continued to have sinus infections after both of them. In fact, I've heard of very few people who have had sinus surgery and who were pleased about the results over time.

So when someone is as enthusiastic about his operation as Jason is, it is time to listen, especially considering his background of sinus problems. The operational procedure is called Sinu-Clear, and it uses a laser as well as an endoscope. The laser equipment also provides a steady stream of salt water to flow through the nasal passageways while the operation is taking place. There is apparently very little bleeding during the procedure, since the laser cauterizes the tissue being operated on. Because of this there is no need for nasal packing, and this is a huge positive, as those of us who have gone through a conventional operation with a scalpel and had our noses packed can attest. For me it was just awful. The endoscope allows for good viewing by the surgeon, as the camera projects a picture of the nasal cavities being worked on onto a television screen. Getting information on specific topics can be quite irritating for some. This is the reason this article was written with as much matter pertaining to Sinus as possible. This is the way we aim to help others in learning about Sinus.

Asked this question to a gentleman from the company that produces the Sinu-Clear laser equipment, a company called PhotoMedex. He said there are many reasons for so few surgeons using the procedure, and most seem to boil down to the reluctance of people, in this case sinus surgeons, to change. In fact PhotoMedex is emphasizing different product lines of medical laser equipment, and the gentleman I spoke with was not optimistic about growth aspects for this procedure. To me this is certainly a shame. I personally have only spoken to one person, Jason, who has undergone the procedure, but he is extremely enthusiastic. I hope to speak to others and get more inputs. I can only say that when someone who has had 3 other operations tries sinus laser surgery and says he has finally regained his sense of smell again after 15 years, then this is worth taking note of, at the very least. Now that we think about it, Sinusitis are not actually that difficult a topic to write about. Just looking at the word, ideas form in people's minds about the meaning and usage of Sinusitis.

[size=large][b]Addition to Dr[/b][/size][hr]Paley in Beverly Hills, CA, I found out about two other otolaryngologists who perform the Sinu-Clear sinus laser operation. One is Dr. Vincent Pisciotta in Biloxi, Mississippi, and the other is Dr. Robert Bonham in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Bonham also performs another new operation called Sinuplasty, which is similar to angioplasty but for the sinus cavities. I understand there may be a few other surgeons in the country who routinely perform the Sinu-Clear operation, and I intend to continue to research this and get the word out. Results will be posted on the blog and forum at ***** I only wish I had heard about this sinus laser surgery procedure years ago. It sounds like it might have been more effective and certainly less painful than the operations I did have. If you are considering being one of the 300,000 people who have sinus operations in the U.S. alone, this procedure is certainly something to know about and consider as an option, even if it were to require travel. It was really tough getting information about anything previously. Now with the advent of the Internet, anyone can access any information at any time of the day.

[size=large][b]This Type of Approach Seems to Make Perfect Sense[/b][/size][hr]That is, using laser and endoscope technology to limit bleeding and see clearly what is being operated on. The first question I had is 'why are there only a small handful of surgeons in the U.S. doing this operation?' It is not brand new, and in fact this laser sinus surgery was apparently pioneered by Dr. Daniel M. Schuman from Boca Raton, Florida over 10 years ago. Apparently Dr. Schuman has subsequently retired from his medical practice. There are no boundaries on countries for one to access information about Sinusitis through the Internet. All one has to do is to surf, and then the required matter is availed!