Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Nose Sinusitis, New Advanced Sinus Irrigation System
Thumbs Down 
[size=4][b]Dry Nose Sinusitis - New Advanced Sinus Irrigation System Hits the Market - the Sinupulse Elite[/b][/size][hr]After two painful sinus operations which didn't resolve my problems, I started using pulsating nasal irrigation with a saline solution, and since then my health has improved dramatically. Instead of 2-3 or more sinus infections per year I have had two infections in 7 years, and those only occurred after long 24 hour trips from overseas when my resistance was way down. I used to get colds all the time, but now I watch others with colds and remark to myself how I never get them any more! Needless to say, I'm sold on pulsating sinus irrigation. (Note- I tried using a Neti Pot, but that method didn't work for me at all. There is something about the fast pulses of water that is particularly effective.) :o.

[size=large][b]Billions of Dollars Could be Saved[/b][/size][hr]The well known ENT Dr. Robert Ivker, author of the book "Sinus Survival", states that there are over 40 million people in the U.S. alone that suffer from chronic sinusitis, defined as persistent inflammation and/or infection lasting longer than 8 to 12 weeks. All or most of these people could probably get control of their chronic sinus problems if they were to use a SinuPulse Elite' machine.

You want to improve your health, get yourself a SinuPulse Elite' and use it daily. It feels a little funny at first and takes some getting-used-to (you don't normally have water going into one nostril and out the other), but it is really no big deal. Almost any good sinus book written in the past 5 years recommends nasal irrigation as a must-do to avoid sinus problems.

[size=large][b]Skeptical At First[/b][/size][hr]When something works, you are reluctant to change. Just because a new machine came along, I wasn't ready to jump in with both feet. However, my old machine broke down, and I obviously needed a new one. I wanted to stick with "old faithful", but I had to face the fact that this machine was the second one that broke down on me in a little over a year. The machine was very good, but the salt solution I used must have taken its toll. It is not necessary that only the learned can write about Nasal Irrigation. As long as one ahs a flair for writing, and an interest for gaining information on Nasal Irrigation, anyone can write about it.

Quote:The SinuPulse Elite' unit also comes with 30 packets of saline solution, and there is a user guide that explains exactly how to use the machine and how to mix a saline solution just using non-iodized salt if you prefer, rather than purchasing more saline packets. We have taken the privilege of proclaiming this article to be a very informative and interesting article on Chronic Sinusitis. We now give you the liberty to proclaim it too.

Of course the standard nasal and throat irrigation tips are also available, and these do most of the "heavy lifting". The mist producing tips can make for additional comfort and relief, but these don't do the whole job and only use about 2 oz. of saline solution. 16 oz. of solution are used with each of the regular tips for nasal and throat irrigation using the SinuPulse Elite'. I personally do nasal irrigation twice a day because that regimen gives me great results. Some allergy sufferers only use the machine during allergy season, and that is all they need and works fine for them. Other people only use it when they feel like a cold is coming on.

[size=large][b]Simple and Natural Solution[/b][/size][hr]This is a simple and natural way to avoid colds, allergies, and sinus problems that is inexpensive and highly effective. I spend no more than 5 minutes or so with the procedure each time, and that includes clean up, which is very easy.

[list][*]However, I honestly think that everyone should use pulsating nasal irrigation, not just sinus sufferers.[*]It's just a guess, but I would be willing to bet that everyone would eliminate on average one cold per year using pulsating nasal irrigation.[*]At $100 per doctor visit and countless more on drugs, the level of savings would be in the billions.[*]And this is not to mention gains in productivity and avoidance of the misery of living with a cold and resulting sinus infection in many cases. :o[/list]

[size=large][b]How Most Colds and Allergies Get Started[/b][/size][hr]How do you think most colds or allergies get started in your body? Bacteria, viruses, pollen and other pollutants enter your system through your nose, of course. If you wash all this gunk out on a daily basis, it only makes sense that you'll avoid colds, infections, and allergy attacks. Having been given the assignment of writing an permanent independence from persistent sinusitis, this is what we came up with. Just hope you find it interesting too! Wink

[list][*]New sinus irrigation machine has recently been introduced called the SinuPulse Elite', and I've been using one for several weeks.[*]This article will discuss the machine and the results I've had.[*]Xylitol, a relatively new, natural preventative is relatively unheard of by the public, yet it affects our lives on an everyday basis.[*]In fact, we are more familiar with it than we know-at least our bodies are.[*]Our bodies produce about 15 grams of xylitol on a daily basis, and yet most of us do not know how beneficial it is to our bodies.[/list]

[size=large][b]We May Not Know How Much Sugar is in Everything We Eat[/b][/size][hr]Think about breakfast cereal, which is one of the most common breakfast foods for both children and adults. In the rare circumstance a cereal does not contain sugar, we may add it or have sugar in our coffee and tea instead. For the entire day that sugar in our mouths is preyed upon acid-producing bacteria. Even a xylitol artificial sweetener will provide the preventative power your mouth needs throughout the day.

Only recently has Xylitol been used as the dominant ingredient in preventative solutions and medicines, but it is about time we understood what xylitol is and what it can do for us. In an effort to familiarize mothers; families; business men and women; and everyone with eyes, ears, mouth, and nose; with xylitol, I have formulated this article into a glossary of xylitol, its preventative power, and its other benefits. So after reading what we have mentioned here on Sinus, it is up to you to provide your verdict as to what exactly it is that you find fascinating here.

Addition to having a nasal problem or a sinus problem, an ear problem may also arise. The ear and the nose are connected by the Eustachian tube, which is also susceptible to fluid collection, especially with allergies or after bathing or swimming. Normally the fluid drains into the nose, but it sometimes gets caught and builds up, causing various forms of otitis media or ear infection. The adult ear infection and inner ear infection are other forms of otitis media and develop in similar ways. Writing on Sinus Surgery proved to be a gamble to us. This is because there simply seemed to be nothing to write about in the beginning of writing. It was only in the process of writing did we get more and more to write on Sinus Surgery.

[list][*]New benefits and clinical studies will continue to surface, and a xylitol education is an important part of prevention.[*]After all, prevention is the best medicine.[/list]

[i]Often bacteria really begins working in our mouths shortly after we eat, consuming sugars and producing acids which create dental caries and tooth decay, leaving a cavity close to the gums in the enamel of the tooth. Wink[/i]

[size=large][b]Xylitol Summary[/b][/size][hr]Xylitol looks and tastes exactly like sugar. It is a crystalline substance found not only in the human body but also in most fruits and vegetables. But it is totally sugar free. Nasal nebulizer: it's not complicated by doctors and dentists, and the FDA has placed it in its safest food additive rating. In addition, xylitol continues to receive endorsements from national and international dental and medical associations.

[size=large][b]Preventative Power[/b][/size][hr]Because xylitol naturally keeps bacteria from settling on sensitive tissue in the ears, nose, mouth, and throat, it is ideal for prevention of common problems experienced by children and adults alike. :o.

[list][*]Diabetics do not have to be deprived of sweeteners in their food.[*]Sugar free sweetener helps to keep blood sugar low.[*]In addition, xylitol helps influence low sugar alcohol levels.[*]As you can see, xylitol is good for more than an earache.[/list]

[size=large][b]Other Benefits[/b][/size][hr]Because xylitol is sugar free, and because of the way xylitol is absorbed so slowly by the body, and only partially used, it contains 40% fewer calories than other carbohydrates-perfect for those concerned about net carbs.

Simply using chewing gum not only with xylitol, but with xylitol as the leading ingredient prevents bacteria from eating at the teeth, keeping your teeth safe between brushes and flosses. Looking for something logical on Sinus Infection, we stumbled on the information provided here. Look out for anything illogical here.

[b]Xylitol has been found so beneficial that it has been made the leading ingredient in chewing gum, nasal spray, and often as a sugar substitute or a sweetener. Big Grin[/b]

The infections cause swelling and a terrible ear ache may form as the first ear infection symptom. We may not realize how simple prevention really is. We are used to washing our hand before every meal and when ever they get dirty in order to avoid germs and bacteria. Since bacteria can settle in our ears, nose and throat at any time, the use of a xylitol nasal spray on a regular basis is just as important as washing our hands in order to prevent the afore-mentioned symptoms and infections, including an upper respiratory infection. There are many varieties of Sinus Headache found today. However, we have stuck to the description of only one variety to prevent confusion!

Sinus infection, also known as sinusitis, usually arises because of obstruction of nasal passageways due to which there is inflammation. Now when the nose gets blocked it creates a perfect playground for the bacteria to grow. Sinuses are intended to moisten and clean membranes of the nose and throat. Each sinus has a little opening into the nose which allows for mucus and air to move itself in and out of the sinuses and nose. However when these passageways get blocked, bacteria can thrive in the area causing a terrible sinus problem. Sometimes these problems can take a serious turn where one may have to receive sinus surgery. Sinus infections can range from being acute which usually only last for about 3 weeks or from being chronic, which can last up to 8 weeks to having recurring acute attacks.

[size=large][b]Treatment of Sinus Infection[/b][/size][hr]Treatment of sinus infection involves natural remedies like hot water treatment which means hot water treatments refer to inhaling vapors of from hot water added with mint or lemon juice. Nasal irrigation mixture sea salt in hot water to desirable amount and put drops of water in one nostril and bring it out from the other. And one must be very careful in the diet one has as all this helps in getting rid of sinus. Steam inhalation, hot compression, nasal irrigation, warm soup, mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey and ginger, garlic etc all have curative properties. Most of these treatments of sinus infection such as home remedies must be started right at the onset of the ailment. Plenty of vitamin C for many months is said to keep the sinus infection at bay. Taking some vitamin A, weekly dose and vitamin E twice weekly may help too, helps control the mucous. You actually learn more about Sinus Surgery only with more reading on matters pertaining to it. So the more articles you read like this, the more you learn about Sinus Surgery.

[list][*]Ayurvedic, homeopathic medicines and Chinese herbal medicines have become very important in the treatment of sinus infection.[*]Doctors prescribe decongestants, antibiotics and even analgesics to cure sinus.[*]Some even go in for endoscopic surgery to get rid of the sinus infection.[*]Yoga has also been seen to have a good relief in the treatment of sinus infection.[/list]